Purchasing management is another of the tools offered by Revo XEF. This option is meant to complete the inventory management cycle of your business; that is, following it from the moment you make a purchase order to your vendor, until you receive it, add it to the stock and then sell it to your customers or use it to cook your dishes.
Everything related to the creation of purchase orders to your vendors is managed through the back-office.
1. CREATE VENDORS
The first step is to create the vendor:
1. From the back-office, go to Purchase orders section and to access Vendors.
2. Click on the New button in the top right corner.
3. Add information about the vendor.
Note: The fields Name, VAT number and Address are required.
4. Click on Save.
5. Once the provider is created, the following icons appear:
- Add the products served by the vendor
- Edit the information.
- Delete the vendor and their assigned products.
2. ADD PRODUCTS TO VENDORS
Once the vendors are created, add the products served by each one of them. We have two options:
- Through the newly created vendors
1. Click on the icon
2. From the list, add the products. Here we can see all the products in our menu.
- Reference: Product reference. As a rule, it is the same reference used by the vendor.
- Last cost price: Cost price of this product.
- Unit: Unit used to control the stock.
- Packs: Number of purchase units. For example, if the product is purchased in boxes of 20 units, enter 20. If, on the contrary, it is sold by the unit, enter 1.
- Tax: Purchase tax applied to the product.
Note: Not all fields are required.
Then click on Add.
- Through the product file:
This option is very useful when the product is created for the first time. In this way, the vendor is also assigned at that moment.
1. Select the product.
2. Click on the Vendors tab.
3. We add the relevant information.
4. Click on Save to confirm changes.
3. NEW PURCHASE ORDER
The next step is to create a new purchase order. To do this, click on New order.
1. Select Vendor.
2. Select Warehouse.
3. With the Auto button, streamline the autocompletion of an order as long as the products have the Complete default field properly set up. For example, product Coke, where the real stock is 40 and by default you want to have 100. By clicking the Auto button, you will add 60 units of the product to the purchase order, as the result of comparing the real stock and the required stock by default. See more information in the article on inventory control.
4. Add the product to the order.
Note: In case of having a pack configured, it will be multiplied by the added units. In the previous example of boxes of 20, if you enter 5 at the time of creating the order, the system will add 100 units.
5. List the products in the purchase order.
Save draft: The purchase order is saved as a draft to edit and save later.
Save: The purchase order is created.
You can create units other than those available by default. These are used to manage inventory control in a proper and fine-tuned way. For example, if you want to control wine bottles and use Litres as the main unit, instead of using units, create a unit called 75cl Wine Bottle.
1. Go to the Purchase orders section.
2. Click on Units.
3. Click on the +New button
4. Enter a name.
5. Select the main unit. In this case, L.
6. Enter the conversion.
7. Click Save to confirm.
Here’s a list of all the products and the vendors that serve them.
All purchase orders created on the selected dates show up as a list.
By clicking on the order number, you can enter and view it.
1. Download the purchase order as PDF and send it to your vendor to place the order.
As mentioned at the start of this article, once the vendors are created, the products assigned and purchase orders generated, there are several actions that can be performed on them, including reception of a purchase order, once the products are received. In other words, your vendors deliver the requested products, and you enter them in your stock.
2. Click on the Receive button to receive the total of the purchase order and all the products will be added to your inventory. You should select beforehand the warehouse to add the stock.
Important: This action can also be done with the Revo STOCK app if the person who must receive the purchases does not have access to the back-office.
3. Sometimes, for different reasons, it may happen that the supplier does not deliver all the requested products. In this case, instead of using the previous button to receive the entire order, you should go line by line and receive the correct units.
- For example, looking at the previous image, if in the first product, Fanta Orange only 22 units are delivered, click on the units and replace 40 with 22 that were actually delivered. When clicking on Receive, you will add 22 units to the stock, and the rest, 18, will remain pending. In this case, the status of the purchase order will be Partially Received and not Fully Received.