Cash Control, as its name indicates, is a control tool used to determine how much money enters and leaves the cash drawer during each day of business operation.
In the Business section of the Back Office you can set up the following options:
Revo has 3 kinds of cash control:
Auto: Generates a single daily shift, without specifying the initial and final cash fund. At the end of the day, you can print the Z Report from the app to see the sales summary in the different forms of payment used.
Simple: Requests the total amount of the initial cash fund before closing/receiving the first order of the day, and the final cash fund before closing the shift (X Report). You can open and close multiple shifts during a day.
Note: Revo recommends to open the shift and indicate enter the initial cash fund before opening the premises to the customers.
- Full: Requests the detailed amount (in monetary units) of the initial cash fund before closing/receiving the first order of the day and the final cash fund before closing the shift (X Report ). You can open and close multiple shifts during a day.
Note: Revo recommends to open the shift and enter the initial cash fund before opening the premises to the customers.
Blind Cash: With this option enabled, the user is prevented from printing the Z Report before closing a shift (X Report). This way, they cannot know the cash collection before closing the shift.
Opening Time: To use Cash Control, it is essential to enter the desired time for the change of day. Revo recommends to set a time where your business has closed. For example: 05:00:00 (5am).
How do we open and close a shift in the Revo Xef app?
Let's see an example step by step of how to open a shift with simple cash control, and then how to close it at the end of the working day after entering several sales.
Note: It is important to remember that cash control is done on cash and not other forms of payment.
- Click on the Revo menu
- Search and click on Cash Control.
- Select New Shift.
- Enter the total amount of money at the start of the day in the cash register (initial cash fund). In this example: € 300. Then click on to confirm and open the shift.
- OK, once the shift is opened with € 300 of initial cash fund, you make a series of sales with different forms of payment.
- Total: € 1835.35
- Cash Sales: € 1147.95
- Card Sales: € 687.40
- After finishing your work shift, go and close shift in the Revo Xef app.
Click again on the Revo menu
Search and click on Cash Control.
Select Close Shift and the previous screen shows up again. If everything went well, enter € 1447.95 as final amount. That is, the € 1147.95 collected through the orders in cash + the initial € 300 when the shift started.
Note: It might be that a cash income/ outcome could change the closing of the shift. Learn more about incomes/outcomes.
- Enter 1447.95 € and click on to confirm and close the shift.
Note: Following the previous example, when decimals are entered, you enter first 1447, then "," and finally the decimals, in this case 95, i.e., € 1447.95 € in all.
- When a shift is closed, the X Report is printed on the cashier printer. There the following information appears, but in paper format:
Note: As can be seen in the image, the cash difference is € 0, meaning that the X Report has squared perfectly.
You can have two or more shifts (X Report) daily. After closing the last shift, you can print the Z Report that will be the summary (sum) of all the shifts (X Reports) of the day.