1. WHAT IS A POLYGON?
A polygon is a very useful tool for displaying roads, borders, and other types of information.
A polygon is created by indicating the points or vertices, along with their corresponding latitude and longitude coordinates. We need to specify the points from the first to the last, with the last point being the same as the first, to close the polygon.
This tool allows us to create a delivery area and import it into the Revo SOLO back-office.
2. HOW TO CREATE A POLYGON
1. Go to the Google My Maps website.
Note: To access this website, you need to have a Google account. For more information, here is the link to create a Google account.
2. Click on the Create a New Map button located in the top left corner.
3. Search for the establishment's address in the search bar. It is important to enter the complete address for more accurate results.
4. Once the address appears on the map, click just below the search bar, on the Draw a Line icon. A dropdown will open, and you will need to click on Add Line or Shape.
5. To properly close the delivery area, you need to connect the last point with the first one you selected. Once you have finished outlining the area, you can modify the area by moving the white points for a more detailed delivery area.
6. Once you have finished outlining the delivery area, it will be named Unnamed Layer. If desired, you can change the name of the delivery area for convenience. Open the menu to the left of the area name and click Assign another name to the layer.
7. Edit the layer name and click Save to confirm the changes.
8. Repeat the previous steps to draw each of the necessary delivery areas.
9. Once you have finished the delivery area, in the "Menu" box on the left, select the three vertical dots to open the options dropdown and choose Export to KML/KMZ.
10. Export the layer you just created and select the option Export as KML.
3. ADDING A POLYGON IN REVO SOLO
1. From the Revo SOLO back-office, access the Establishments module.
2. Click on the Delivery Zones icon.
3. Click on the Import KML button.
4. Select the file of the map exported previously from Google My Maps and click Submit.
5. The delivery zone will be created for this establishment.
Clicking on the locator icon allows you to view the delivery area created on Google Maps.
Clicking on the delete icon removes the delivery zone.
Clicking on the edit icon allows you to edit the delivery zone.
4. EDITING DELIVERY ZONE
Delivery zones are used to customize and optimize home deliveries. For each zone, you can set a minimum order amount, a delivery surcharge, and a specific time.
Fill in the following information:
Activate: Enable the delivery zone.
Name: Identifying name for the delivery zone.
Delivery Minutes: Approximate time between order preparation and delivery.
Minimum Price for Delivery: Minimum price for home deliveries. Set to 0 to allow all deliveries without configuring a minimum price.
Type: When importing the KML file, a default "type" will be assigned to this delivery zone, in this case, "type 2". If a delivery zone is created manually by clicking the "New" button, it will be assigned "type 1". This field cannot be edited.
Delivery Fee: Choose a product that will be used to charge for deliveries. Leave it empty if you don't want to add any extra charges for home deliveries. You need to create this product in Revo XEF beforehand and update the product catalogue in SOLO to be able to select it.
5. VIEWING CONFIGURED DELIVERY ZONES
Clicking on the map button in the Establishments module allows you to view all configured zones.